On April 13, 2018 at 2:21 pm Central Arizona Fire and Medical responded to a residential structure fire in the 8000 block of N. Pinon Dr. in Prescott Valley. A fire started under the carport in an outdoor freezer due to an electrical malfunction. The residents were not home at the time. With quick actions from neighbors and 911 being called early on, the fire was held to the exterior of the residence. The damage was contained to a wood fence, exterior siding, several roofing shingles, a freezer and some miscellaneous items stored in the carport. Fortunately no interior damage was done. No injuries were reported from this incident.
Rick Chase, Fire Marshal
Central Arizona Fire and Medical