The Arizona Association of County School Superintendents (AACSS) is pleased to announce the selection of Senate President Steve Pierce as their 2012 Legislator of the Year.
President Pierce was honored at a ceremony in Flagstaff on Wednesday, July 25th as part of the association’s annual Legislative Retreat.
Senator Pierce was selected for many reasons:
- He has always maintained a professional relationship with the AACSS and is available to discuss educational issues and challenges with elected County Superintendents,
- He is a product of public education and always willing to look at ways to improve the educational system for our students ,
- He believes in accountability,
- He honors the Committee process,
- He works within the realm of political reality and is a source of calm reasoning at the Legislature,
- He is man of his word, believing that integrity is a paramount virtue,
- He will tell you what he thinks, not what you want to hear,
- He does what he says, following through on commitments,
- His sense of right and wrong is refreshing.