Good morning, how are you faring in this chilly Prescott weather? I'm Gary Edelbrock and I've been talking to my friend, Lee Amble, who says that now is the time to find ways to make money in real estate. Enjoy!
Real Estate Money Makers!
Written By Lee Amble, Realtor/Consultant
This article will attempt to show you how you can make a lot of money in a variety of ways with very little or a lot of investment money depending on how or which housing investment you wish to make. This may be a real eye opener and a great food for thought article. You may wish to invest or not as I recommend in all of my writings. Please do your own research and make your own decision to invest or not. The ideas are very simple and logical types of thought; but they should make you a lot of money if you study and investigate each one of these many opportunities. Good luck! Make a lot of money or just have fun pretending.
But, first, just a little about this year's election, which is only 10 days away. I personally predict Romney will win the popular vote by 2-4% and will also win the electoral votes making him the next President of our great USA. Many people think he is the best for creation of jobs, which, I agree. With this in mind, more jobs, more money, more housing sales and other spending should make this article more of a reality.
Now, The Real Estate Power Play:
1. Buy a second home now to rent out with the low interest rates of 3. 5-4.0% over a 15-30 year will make you look like a genius in the future. A condo, townhome, or small home would all be a great investment with current prices still low, rents stable, which will provide a great 2nd retirement investment. Think of it - someone else would be paying for it. It doesn't get much better!!
2. Buy or Build a Duplex: Same thought as above except if you wish you can live in half of it or rent out both units, again paid for by others.
3. Upsize or downsize your own home. Again, with interest rates so low, buying a home is still a good value, which makes it a real winning hand! Homes are now selling fast so you can make your move as quickly as you wish compared to the past 6 months to 2 years. What a great time!
Now for another way to make a lot of money of lose a little: The Stock Market
1. REALOGY: a Real Estate Franchisor:
Member franchises include:
A. Century 21 Real Estate
B. Coldwell Banker Real Estate
C. ERA Real Estate
D. Sotheby's Int. Real Estate
E. Coldwell Banker Commercial Real Estate
F. Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate
G. Other real estate related companies
The above real estate companies have approximately 235,500 sales agents, and 13,500 franchises in all 50 states and many foreign countries. They are the world's largest franchisor of real estate. They are traded on the New York Stock Exchange and just completed a very successful I. P. 0. This stock deserves a good look and study to see when to invest in it. It could be a real winner!
2. Zillow or Trulia are another two stocks that deserve a look. Zillow is traded on the NASDAQ and Trulia is on the New York Stock Exchange. Both are internet valuation sites and both derive their main income from real estate sales agents, real estate companies, title companies, mortgage companies, etc. They operate in different ways to get buyer leads for their advertising and may gain a lot of advertising from print ads, display ads and broker web sites. Continuing real estate housing recovery may have many real estate sales people increasing their advertising budget as internet seemingly is the future for some. It may be a great investment, although I do not like either one for securing a true price of a person's home.
3. Home Depot, Lowes and other like businesses would be worth more than a second look. New home building is booming and, as I see it, will continue for some time. Do your own research; they look very good to me. Also with more jobs coming our way, it means also more money for remodeling, additions, garages, etc.
4. Home Builder Stocks: Some stocks to look at are: Horton, Toll Brothers, Pulte, Lennar and others. There may be others, but do some intense studies on these as some may already be over priced, while others may have been overlooked, and could be some real money makers. It certainly is worthwhile f'or you to take a good look and do some study on them.
Many of these stocks may be seasonal i.e., building, etc. Construction starts and contracts usually increase in the spring, summer, and fall with winter weather not as conducive to construction. (of course, the warmer climates may flourish better in the fall, winter, and early spring.) Keep in mind there are better times and worse times to buy or sell a home. Like most things in life, timing is everything.
When you read and research ideas from this article, it is possible it will make you a lot of money in the long run. These are ideas of a diversified plan on real estate investing. If you didn't do anything else, do your research on it all, then look at it again in one year to see how it would have turned out. Whether it's good or bad, one year from now, please call me at 928 533-4455 and let me know.
Thank you for reading ''My Food for Thought" article: I hope it does just that and you get some value out of it! Call mel
Remember: ''Selling A Home Is Easy, Doing It Right Is The Key!"
Lee Amble, Realtor/Consultant National Realty Of Prescott
LEE'S CELL: 928 533-4455
JAN'S CELL: 928.533.4488