The Governor's Office has begun planning for the Capitol Christmas Celebration as part of the Centennial Holiday Season 2012. As part of the celebration, the Governor has requested each of the 15 counties decorate a wreath that will be hung in the Executive Tower.
Yavapai County is requesting artists of any age donate an ornament for the Yavapai County wreath. The requirements are as follows:
- The theme for the Arizona Capitol Christmas Celebration 2012 us Celebrating Arizona's Centennial Holiday Season.
- Two different sized ornaments will be placed on each county wreath.
- 5 large ornaments will be approximately 5 inches by 5 inches.
- 10 small ornaments will be approximately 3 inches by 3 inches.
- A 3-5 inch hook of gauge wire (i.e. coat hangers) is needed on each ornament.
- A combination of 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional ornaments is encouraged.
- Ornaments made with light-weight materials are encouraged, preferably not paper. If ornaments are designed using paper, they must be laminated.
- Glass and or other breakable materials will not be used.
The ornaments must be submitted no later than Friday, October 26, 2012 and delivered to the Yavapai County Administration Building at 1015 Fair Street, Third Floor, Room 310, Prescott, AZ 86305 to Carolyn Dicus.
The Board of Supervisors will select the ornaments to be displayed at the Capitol in Phoenix. The remainder of the ornaments not selected will be displayed on a Centennial Christmas tree here in Yavapai County.
Yavapai County contact for questions related to this press release: Carolyn Dicus, Administrative Assistant,